Mike Yedley has recently released a really unique Genesis / Mega Drive rom filled with tons of cool stuff. First, it’s a completely original album, with music written by Mike and played using the Genesis’ sound chips. The songs are great and that alone is cool enough to warrant a post here…but the main interface of the rom is made to look like Windows 95! There’s a few mini games, visualizers and “emails” even come in as you use it. The total cost was just over $30 for the physical package and damn you get a lot for your money! A full list of features below the links and a demo video at the bottom of this post:
I purchased the cartridge right when I saw it go up for sale, but held off on writing this post until I had a chance to inspect it myself. I’m glad I did – After having the full experience of opening the box, reading the notes and seeing that the cartridge is properly beveled, I’m even more excited for this than I was before!
Here’s the full list of features:
- Over 20 original mikeyeldey songs
- Desktop user interface and Start Menu application launcher
- 5 Minigames:
- 3D Maze – A familiar classic comes to the Sega Genesis.
- Ambulance – Arcade traffic weaving game. Ring the siren and floor the gas pedal for double points!
- FlappyMike – Carefully steer the propeller-beanie through the pipes.
- Hacky Sack – How long can you keep it bouncing?
- Reflex – Be fast on the buttons as music speeds up.
- 7 Visualizers, including bouncing cards and flying toasters
- Customize your experience with selectable desktop wallpapers and colour palettes
- Interactive Internet browser and email inbox simulator
- ME-DOS Mode, featuring 8-bit PSG chip bonus tracks