Artemio has just released an updated version of the 240p Test Suite for Genesis & Sega CD. This includes integration of the MDFourier audio testing software he’d previously released as a separate update.
A full list of updates are posted below and the software can be downloaded here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/testsuite240p/files/Sega_Genesis-MegaDrive-SegaCD_MegaCD/
- Added MDFourier: please read everything related to it at: http://junkerhq.net/MDFourier/
- Segmented menu structure: removes some clutter and made space for new tests.
- Added Hardware Tests: Controller, Z80 RAM, Memory Viewer and Sega CD Tests.
- Selection between resolutions is done before the tests, so all options are always available
- Updated all the help texts
- YM2612 sound test now supports stereo panning
Sega CD version:
- Added CD-DA and PCM to the sound test
- Added frequency verification tests for PCM
- Now supports PCM and CD-DA
- Compatible with the cartridge test
- Can be blindly accessed by booting the Suite with START pressed
Sega CD tests:
These tests are intended for non booting systems. They can help identify the failing components.
- Can identify BIOS by CRC, in both versions. Even byte swapped and known region free variants
- Can verify RAM (except PCM) and registers from cartridge/main cpu side
- Can verify R/W access to Sega CD registers and flags from cartridge/main cpu side
- Has a Memory viewer that can display ranges and jump between relevant sections and banks.
- When in cartridge mode, the memory viewer can also help to identify Program RAM issues.
- The Sega CD version has just a few of the tests, since the hardware is working and resources are being used.
A new version of the 240p Test Suite for Genesis/MD/SCD/MCD is now available.
— 240p Test Suite (@240pTest) October 14, 2019