I’ve been holding off on an in-depth review of the LCDMOD Zapper patches, but I thought it was time for a quick status update:
- IPS Patches are now uploaded for Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, Hogan’s Alley and Freedom Force: http://neslcdmod.com/roms/
- I’ve had much better luck with the Tomee gun than either the original Zapper or other 3d party brands. Link is below.
- I was able to successfully and accurately use the gun from eight feet away!
- When I tried a gun that wasn’t working well, it almost didn’t work at all…but a gun that did work always seemed consistent. That’s great news, as you won’t have to worry about getting halfway through a game and having your gun stop working!
- There’s supposedly a fix to make all light gun’s compatible. I haven’t tested it yet myself: https://youtu.be/Yg3TomAcpX4
- a VS. Duck Hunt patch has just been uploaded, but I haven’t had time to test it. In my opinion, this is by far the best way to play Duck Hunt!!! Please test and Tweet your feedback!
Light Gun for NES$16.95
Compatible with NES, RetroN 1, 2, and 3 Two-tone color, revolver style hand gun Hard plastic material(as of March 26, 2023 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)