New Arcade Core – Bosconian
A new core for Namcos arcade game Bosconian was released. Update your mister now to obtain it.
- Forum post : https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=63682#p63682
- Bosconian video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA74qQjHzN8
Internet on the Amiga Update
Last week I talked about a way to get the Amiga core on the internet using the commercial program RoadShow. That was a commercial software.
I was notified of other free alternatives for getting the Amiga core onto the internet. These include
The bundled Genesis TCP/IP stack in Amiga OS 3.9
MiamiDX for Amiga OS 3.2.1
- MiamiDX Tutorial 1: : http://donovancolbert.blogspot.com/2019/04/setting-up-tcpip-stack-with-minimig-for.html
- MiamiDX Tutorial 2: : https://mister-devel.github.io/MkDocs_MiSTer/advanced/computer/#cores-supporting-serial-connection
- AmiTCP Demo : http://aminet.net/package/comm/tcp/AmiTCP-demo-40
PCXT Core – Tandy 1000
A pre-release build of the PCXT core that has new Tandy 1000 graphics modes and IDE support is available for download from the MiSTer FPGA forums.
- Forum Post : https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=63612#p63612
- spark2k06 Twitter: https://twitter.com/spark2k06
- spark2k06 Github: https://github.com/spark2k06?tab=repositories
- spark2k06 support page: https://ko-fi.com/spark2k06
New Arcade Core – Congo Bongo
A Congo Bongo arcade core is now available from the projects GitHub.
- GitHub : https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Arcade-CongoBongo_MiSTer
- Forum post : https://www.misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5674
- Video : https://youtu.be/m44CLxLdTvY
Insert Coin Script
The Insert-Coin script, developed by funkycochise, is another script that downloads cores that other scripts might not, like builds of cores that have not reach Main yet. Of note is that it can download the latest build of the Saturn core for you. Check out the GitHub page to get full details on this script.
Raki’s Psychic 5 core will officially come to MiSTer after SNAC support is added. If you don’t want to wait you can download it from Raki’s GitHub page.
- Twitter post : https://twitter.com/RCAVictorCo/status/1592566347955068928
- Raki Twitter: https://twitter.com/RCAVictorCo
- Raki Github: https://github.com/ika-musume
- Raki support page: https://www.patreon.com/ikamusume
- Game video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLyuTIRiQOM
The Japanese version of Cosmic Cop, called Armed Police Unit Gallop, has been dumped by @Kold666 and will be coming to MiSTer. It’s a horizontal scrolling shmup based on Irems M82 hardware.
- Twitter post : https://twitter.com/CorradoTomasel1/status/1591051233523269633
- Game video : https://youtu.be/7XKKyJFbZps
Saturn Core Update
The Saturn core has some updates. There were fixes to
CPU: Helped Fighting Vipers
SCU: Helped FIFA 97, Sky Target, PTO II and perhaps some other games.
VDP1: Helped Cyberia, PTOII, Street Fighter Alpha
VDP2: Helped Striker 96
SMPC: Helped Mansion of Hidden Souls
CD: Helped Striker 96
- Post 1 : https://twitter.com/srg320_/status/1592912794349109248
- Post 2 : https://twitter.com/srg320_/status/1592912797314486274
- srg320 Twitter: https://twitter.com/srg320_
- srg320 Github: https://github.com/srg320?tab=repositories
- srg320 support page: https://www.patreon.com/srg320/
New Systems in Console Menu
The following systems will now have their own menu listing under the Consoles menu the next time you update your MiSTer.
Game Boy Color (Still might no be updated)
This is thanks to Robert Garcia-Lago (@RGarciaLago) who created MiSTer Game Launcher(MGL) files to accomplish this.
- Twitter post : https://twitter.com/josembarroso/status/1591225918655455233
- Robert Garcia-Lago”s Twitter : https://twitter.com/RGarciaLago
Alpha Denshi Core
The beta for the Alpha Denshi core is now available. It was developed by Darren Olafson with assistance from atrac17. The core currently runs:
Super Champion Baseball
You can obtain these core through the update all script and enabling CoinOp collection.
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/_atrac17/status/1593041821038710784
- Patreon post : https://www.patreon.com/posts/alpha-denshi-74751668
- atrac17 Twitter: https://twitter.com/_atrac17
- atrac17 Github: https://github.com/atrac17?tab=repositories
- atrac17 support page: https://www.patreon.com/atrac17
- Darren__O Github: https://github.com/va7deo?tab=repositories
- Darren__O support page: https://ko-fi.com/darreno
- Darren__O Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darren__O
- Gang Wars video : https://youtu.be/LihVyzgN7KI
- Sky Adventure Video : https://youtu.be/RPP-Fy3xUho
- Super Champion Baseball Video : https://youtu.be/UrkkZa1Laik
Turbo Out Run
Unfortunately there were issues with the NewZealand Story core, but we still got Turbo Out Run as a consolation price. You can download the core if your a Jotego patreon subscriber or wait until the core is out of beta.
- Jotego : https://twitter.com/topapate/status/1593664485553758208
- Jotego Twitter: https://twitter.com/topapate
- Jotego Github: https://github.com/jotego/jtbin
- Jotego support page: https://www.patreon.com/jotego
- Turbo Outrun Video : https://youtu.be/gWwBH0knk-w
The updates and features that have been added to the PlayStation core the past few weeks are finally available the next time you update your MiSTer. The new features are:
4 player analog multitap implemented by markun
480i to 480p hack
In addition to these, there were a lot of accuracy fixes implemented.
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/AzumFpg/status/1593991112741785600
- FPGAZumspass Twitter: https://twitter.com/AzumFpg
- FPGAZumspass Github: https://github.com/RobertPeip
- FPGAZumspass support page: https://www.patreon.com/FPGAzumSpass
Other MiSTer FPGA Updates
And other miscellaneous MiSTer fixes and updates are:
Tropical Angel (Arcade)
- Exerion : https://twitter.com/antongale/status/1593713344162459648
- Tropical Angel : https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=63713#p63713