A new MIDI synth interface called the Super MIDI Pak is available for pre order on their website SuperMIDIpak.com. This custom cart turns your Super Famicom/Nintendo into a polyphonic MIDI synthesizer, and gives users direct access to the consoles sound chip.
This can be accomplished by either connecting via MIDI cables to a keyboard, etc or using the USB port from the cart to a computer where you can access via their companion web application to use its advanced features.
Super MIDI Pak will sell for $99.99 and the pre order window will be available for about a 3 month. Ending on 15 October 2021, the Super MIDI Pak is likely to be a single run production as stated in the video. Links and features down below.
These are the features listed from SuperMIDIPak’s site:
- Compatible with Super Famicom, NTSC/PAL Super Nintendo, and Super NT
- 16 polyphonic midi channels with independent settings multiplexing over 8 voices
- Standard MIDI sustain, sostenuto, legato switch, portamento (glide), pitch bend, vibrato, pan, volume
- MIDI mono mode (mode 4) with legato operation
- All SPC700 DSP registers are directly writable via CC messages, including echo registers
- Comes with Square Wave, Sine Wave, Triangle Wave, and Sawtooth samples. New samples can be uploaded via WebMidi application, automatically converts from SPC/WAV/SF2 formats.
- USB Micro-B and 3.5″ TRS Type A MIDI interfaces, cables not included
- USB interface is galvanically isolated to prevent ground loop noise
- Save / restore device state across power off and reset
- Play existing SPC files
- Firmware upgradable
Main Site | https://www.supermidipak.com/
YouTube Video | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pTRX_USHc4