If you own a Turbo Everdrive v2 (not v1), you might be interested to try an open source, alternative operating system from jbrandwood that offers a few upgrades over the original. Some notable features are the ability to use the TEDv2 as a Super System Card, as well as a Tennokoe Bank utility, plus it has a nice UI. Here’s the best part: Don’t like it? Prefer the original? No problem, just load Krikzz’ firmware back on it and it’s fully reset! Check out the video from Chris Valdez above for instructions on how to install it and the github link is below:
Github link: https://github.com/jbrandwood/teos/
Krikzz’ Official OS: https://krikzz.com/pub/support/turbo-everdrive/v2/os/
Purchase a TEDv2 here: https://retrorgb.link/tedsag
Here’s the current list of features since the June 2022 release:
- It allows the TurboGrafx (and PC Engine) to use the Turbo Everdrive v2 as a Super System Card, avoiding the need to buy the very-expensive US TurboGrafx Super System Card.
- It avoids the potentially damaging memory bus-fighting that occurs with Krikzz’s OS when running the PC Engine (or TurboGrafx) Super System Card HuCARD on the Turbo Everdrive.
- It supports copying the PC Engine’s “Backup RAM” contents to and from the Turbo Everdrive’s SD card.
- It supports copying the PC Engine’s “Memory Base 128” contents to and from the Turbo Everdrive’s SD card.
- It fixes the graphics corruption in the Japanese “POPULOUS” HuCARD game.
- It supports the use of the Japanese “Tennokoe Bank” HuCARD utility.