Kevin Mellott has just opened another round of pre-orders on a rechargeable battery pack for the Wonderswan handheld console. The orders from the first batch are shipping now through the end of the year and these are planned to be shipped starting early next year.
Pre-order yours here for $75: https://www.retroonyx.com/product-page/wonderswan-battery-pack
This battery pack was designed to match the curvature of the WS Color, while maximizing the battery area; As shown in the picture above, this still leaves room to see the game cartridge artwork. This is also intended for Wonderswan Color users who upgraded to a IPS screen kit.
Kevin’s also been working on an eInk-based ROM cart for the Wonderswan. While there’s no current timeframe for pre-orders or release, anyone who purchases one of these kits will be eligible for a 10% discount on the ROM cart when it becomes available – A pretty cool bonus!
Here’s the full list of features:
- 1.5V Output
- 11 hour battery life with IPS screen kit at minimum brightness
- Custom designed 3D printed carbon fiber enclosure
- Anodized black aluminum cover with laser etched graphic
- USB-C connector with fast charging enabled
- Charge while playing for extended play
- Also fits black/white Wonderswan with slight bottom curvature mismatch
- Weight: 75 grams
There was enough interest for batch 2 so I'm turning on the preorder now. I have a big backlog of items that need to ship first, but might as well get PCBs on order while parts are still available.https://t.co/ylYBXiTOkc #wonderswan pic.twitter.com/hTUspt8mkq
— RetroOnyx (@mellott124) September 11, 2021