Artemio has just released the latest beta version of the Neo Geo 240p Test Suite. A ton of work has gone into this and it’s going to be the most feature-filled official release the test suite has ever seen! It can be used on original hardware via ROM carts and both hardware and software emulation – And a physical release will be planned after it leaves beta! We’ll make sure to keep everyone informed and give plenty of heads up before the physical release ships.
Download the beta: https://artemiourbina.itch.io/240p-test-suite
More details (public post): https://www.patreon.com/posts/neo-geo-feature-79465890
Here’s a list of the changes since the previous release:
- New font for better readability via compòsite video, as suggested by Pinobatch. Old font is still selectable
- Has all patterns and features from any other version. It is the most complete fist day release to date
- 304 and 320 horizontal patterns, following both SNK guidelines and the full resolution.
- Custom audio driver for sound test and MDFourier. Uses FM, PSG, ADPCM-A and ADPCM-B or CDDA when in Neo Geo CD.
- Audio driver can also do a Z80 RAM test.
- ADPCM-B stereo can be reversed in BIOS for MVS1C systems.
- Includes HCFR, not as precise as Dreamcast or Wii due to color space, but very decent for those interested.
- Controller test works with all MVS ports and 4 player extension if available
Future refinements (will be done in a matter of weeks):
- Improve Monoscope accuracy against broadcast hardware. It is very close now, but will check with Keith Raney
- Adapt MDFourier so that the same audio recordings can be used to compare MVS, AES and NGCD since clocks differ.
- Currently an option to limit IRE is available. This only makes sense in AES via composite video.