The creator of the awesome HAS supergun has just released a new product called the RECO: A device that sits between your JAMMA arcade board and arcade machine (or supergun), that allows for rapid-fire, button remapping and user profiles. All of these features can be accessed right from a button combo on your stick/buttons, so you won’t need constant access to the device. This basically offers all of the HAS’ awesome button features, but can be used with any supergun or JAMMA arcade machine! The price is $80 plus shipping, comes with the plexi case pictured above and is available now:
Purchase Here: https://rgbslab.com/products/reco-pcb-v4-1
While the intro of this post gives the overview, this device does a lot. I’ll first remind people that this device is for arcade enthusiasts and arcade operators, not casual emulation users. If you’re the type of person to say “ths dum, my pi can do it fr free”, please close your browser – This device isn’t for you. If you love original arcade hardware (or both original AND emulation like me), here’s everything it can do:
First, the JAMMA connector can read buttons 1-6 if configured as “CHAMMA”, but there’s also a CPS2 kick hardness that can be used for buttons 4-6; Just set the jumpers for how buttons 4-6 are accessed.
Next, the RECO can remap all the buttons any wya you’d like to a profile and then automatically load the last profile used when powering on your machine. That’s pretty handy if you’re using a Candy Cab and just spent the time to configure it to the board (or boards) you just installed.
It also supports rapid-fire via both a mode where the VSync timing is extracted from the game via sync, or an Asynchronous rapid-fire mode that offers precise 30 Hz, 20 Hz, 15 Hz, 12 Hz, 10 Hz, and 7.5 Hz rapid-fire rates.
…and lastly, all of this can be locked via a “tournament mode”, so you can make sure no settings are changed during an event. Here’s the full list of features:
- JAMMA, JAMMA+ compatible
- Programmable button layout
- Programmable rapid-fire (VSync synchronized or asynchronous, 6 different fire rates)
- Buttons 1-6 on the JAMMA connector (buttons 4-6 can be disabled), making it a “CHAMMA” compatible output
- CPS-2 kick harness input for buttons 4-6 (the RECO’s JAMMA edge accepts buttons 1-5)
- Buttons 4-6 on the JST-XH 6 pin “kick harness” connector that is compatible with the HAS kick harnesses
- 6 profiles per player to save the button layout and rapid-fire settings
- Tournament Mode for disabling the programming functionality
- Built-in voltmeter for +5 V (comes in red, blue or yellow, shipped randomly)
- Selectable buffered CSync
- Comes with a plexiglass case