- Mostly on-schedule, with product due to ship by the end of this year.
- All the hardware functions of HF32 have now been verified.
- Flashing time right now for a 32Mbit file is ~90 seconds, but most games are much smaller.
- Complete in box option (shown above) will be available at an extra charge, created by Mumphy.
- Digital artwork for each retail game will be available at launch, also created by Mumphy (with other community members creating their own custom ones as well).
- Windows GUI with developer mode will be available (but not required), created by Thunderstruck.
- A haptics unit was added to the cart:
The haptics unit should be a really cool addition, as it’ll give feedback that you’ve touched a button and triggered an action to happen. This also helps with the somewhat slow response of the eInk display to know something is about to happen. You can see a picture of the haptic coin motor below (click for full-sized). It’s an ERM but will likely get switched to a more efficient LRA haptic. Either way, it shouldn’t affect the price by more than a few dollars, if at all:
So, overall it seems like the project is moving along nicely! I’m really looking forward to checking it out!